Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Plagiarism

http://orange.eserver.org/issues/5-1/kennedy.html

http://newsosaur.blogspot.com/2010/02/preposterous-argument-for-plagiarism.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57836-2004Sep2.html

Technology has played a pivotal role in the rise of plagiarism. It acts to enable plagiarism by making it easier, faster, and more concealable. Tools like copy and paste are the most widely used to carry out plagiarism. Colleges are now using technology such as turnitin.com to aid in the fight against plagiarism. Universities are also pushing teachers to have a closer one on one relation with students while doing papers. This makes it harder for a student to copy someone else's work if they are consistently being checked.

5 comments:

  1. My post also involves turnitin.com as a method to fight plagiarism. It must be a pretty widespread tool given we used different webpages for information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think in class writing assignment are way to discourage plagiarism, i doubt you can do it with a teacher breathing down your neck

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny. I used "Turnitin" too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "In class" assignments don't give enough time to think and concentrate. It creates too much pressure. It doesn't have space for creative thoughts. But yes, it excludes plagiarism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a really good point about teachers or professors making effort to have one on one relationships with their students. If I was close with my professor, I would be less likely to plagiarize because I wouldn't want to let them down and they would probably know that it wasn't my writing style.

    ReplyDelete