Tuesday, November 29, 2011

SAP game

I came in the second week of the game. I believe i was on team q or g but im not sure which one. We ended up ranking fourth to last for rounds 2 and 3 of the game. The strategy in place was to sell basic water at an extremely low price, and thus profit ratio. Wal mart practices this type of, high volume low profit ratio, business style. Unfortunately I believe the prices set were to low. basic Economic principle teaches that if demand is greater than available supply the price must rise, moving closer to the equilibrium price. We continually sold out of water and had to wait days without inventory to sell. We could have combated this by adjusting prices higher. We also had a surplus of many products that seemed to not sell at all. By lowering the price steadily throughout each round we could have maximized profits and ultimately ended up with little to no inventory at the end. I learned that participating in business scenario games is both fun and educational. I also learned that I do not want to be an accountant.

1 comment:

  1. We found setting our prices pretty high for the high selling ClearPure worked very well, and ranked us pretty high at the end of the game. We put the Lemon Spritz at a low price, because it wasn't popular amongst the customers.

    ReplyDelete